- About the programme
- A wide range of document types, scripts, and character sets
- Online project submission and management
- Easy administration
- A membership benefit with significant value
- About Apex CoVantage, LLC
- About TEI Membership
About the programme
This innovative program makes it easy and affordable for members of the TEI to create and encode the full text of valuable academic and research collections or even individual works and documents in preparation for on-line or other forms of digital publication. By pooling digitization projects from the TEI community together and taking advantage of the economies of scale presented by their use of a common encoding system, AccessTEI is able to offer TEI members the cost, quality benefits, and support usually reserved for larger individual projects.
A wide range of document types, scripts, and character sets
Online project submission and management
The project is designed around Apex CoVantage's user-friendly ProWeb Portal. This website helps members determine where a collection fits within the digitization matrix. Members can then make the optimum cost/benefit decision regarding the encoding of their content, without requiring expert knowledge of TEI metadata. Once the project is underway, the ProWeb system provides tracking and reporting features—including automated project management and Quality Assurance features—that help keep project costs low by eliminating volumes of email and the possibility of spreadsheet errors.
A membership benefit with significant value
- Economical price of a large scale operation, single-minded focus for your specific aims
- Ability to navigate different levels of digitization without having to be a TEI expert
- Creation of metadata that is searchable online and interoperable with other collections
- Option to add enhancements to your digitized collections over time
- Easy online interface with Apex experts
- Ideal even for smaller collections
- Digitization without the cost and time required by RFPs
- Quality, Every Time
About Apex CoVantage, LLC
Apex CoVantage has a proven 20+ year track record of handling a wide-range of culturally significant and often difficult to digitize material. They have digitized challenging academic material ranging from the handwritten correspondence of Thomas Jefferson to 15th century texts from the Early English Books Online collection. Their project-design and production staff is steeped in TEI specifications and academic collections. The AccessTEI membership program provides member institutions of the TEI with favored access to this major vendor.
About TEI Membership
TEI membership is open to institutions that make use of the TEI and wish to participate in the development and maintenance of its XML schemas and other programs. Membership prices are set according to the extent to which the TEI is used in a given organisation, with discounts available to organisations in developing economies. For further information on how your institution can become a member of the TEI, please visit our membership page or contact the membership secretary at email@example.com.