Croatiae auctores Latini
- Host: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb
- URL: http://www.ffzg.hr/klafil/croala
- Main language: Latin
General description: The Croatiae auctores Latini (CroALa) digital collection aims to establish an accessible frame for collecting and publishing Croatian neo-Latin texts written from ca. 1100 to the present day. Intended audience are primarily scholars and students from different fields (neo-Latin literature and philology, Croatian and Early Modern European history, history of science, art history, theology) dealing with neo-Latin texts either as sources or as research objects.
Implementation description: The CroALa texts encoded in TEI XML are published through PhiloLogic full-text search, retrieval and analysis system. Therefore CroALa uses a relatively small selection of TEI tagsets and elements adapted primarily to the search capabilities offered by PhiloLogic. At the moment priority is to support searching by genres, authors, and dates.
- Original project proposal (2006): http://www.ffzg.hr/klafil/dokuwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php/z:060321digi.html
- Croatian Latin authors on the Internet, a finding list: http://www.ffzg.hr/klafil/dokuwiki/doku.php/z:hrvatski-latinisti-internet
- Croatian Latin authors on the internet, a Bibsonomy list: http://www.bibsonomy.org/user/filologanoga/hrvlat-internet
- “Latin, TEI, PhiloLogic... what next? Enhancing a text collection”, a poster presented at The 2010 Conference and Members’ Meeting of the Text Encoding Initiative Consortium, Zadar, Croatia http://www.ffzg.hr/klafil/dokuwiki/doku.php/z:jovanovic-tei2010
Copyright information: Texts in the CroALa collection are openly available to share and to remix under a Creative Commons by-nc-sa 3.0 license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/hr/).
Department of Classical Philology
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Zagreb
Hrvatska / Croatia
Telephone: ++385 1 612 00 96
Fax: ++385 1 612 00 96