Icelandic Online Dictionary and Readings
- Host: University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
- Other institutions involved: University of Iceland
- URL: http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/IcelOnline/
Description: Icelandic Online Dictionary and Readings is a free-access, Web-based resource developed by the University of Wisconsin-Madison which complements the University of Iceland's Internet course Icelandic Online (http://www.icelandic.hi.is/?ret=default&cat=pl) and was developed side by side with it.
- The unabridged content of the highly regarded 1989 Iðunn Íslensk-ensk orðabók (Concise Icelandic-English Dictionary), updated and expanded by one of the original editors, and incorporating the rich set of morphological data developed by Dictionary of the University of Iceland.
- A set of readings in Icelandic life, literature and culture, selected to exemplify varying types of discourse and levels of difficulty.
Other Related Resources: The dictionary was developed using the TEI P4 dictionary tagset. The readings were encoded using TEILite (P4).
Access : Dictionary content © Sverrir Hólmarsson, Christopher Sanders, John Tucker. Texts include both public domain and copyrighted material, used with permission. TEI markup and other aspects of the collection © Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System. Full copyright information is available at http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/IcelOnline/Copyright.shtml.
218 Memorial Library
728 State St.
Madison, WI, USA 53706
Tel: (608) 265-5291