Model Editions Partnership: Historical Editions in the Digital Age
- Host: University of South Carolina, History Department
- URL: http://mep.cla.sc.edu/ (obsolete) archived at http://wyatt.elasticbeanstalk.com/mep/
The Model Editions Partnership is a consortium of seven historical editions which has joined forces with leaders of the Text Encoding Initiative and the Center for Electronic Text in the Humanities. The participants have developed a "prospectus" setting forth editorial guidelines for publishing historical documents in electronic form. There are also seven miniature editions for those studying American history.
- To develop new approaches for addressing questions of intellectual access and context.
- To develop a generalized model for the process of preparing and delivering electronic editions.
- To create a series of sample editions which validate the first two goals.
- To provide clear documentation of the process for creating those sample editions.
– Model Editions Partnership WWW Home Page
The project is funded by major grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission and is supported by the University of South Carolina, the University of Illinois at Chicago, and Rutgers University. Special acknowledgements, University of South Carolina: Department of History; Division of Libraries and Information Systems.
DLIS-Thomas Cooper Library Rm 207–208
Tel: +1 803 777 8350
Fax: +1 803 777 1900