TEI META Task Force
The TEI META Task Force was chartered in February 2003, and chaired by Sebastian Rahtz. The group was charged with investigating the revision of the markup used for the TEI Guidelines, according to the following assumptions:
- The ODD format should be revised to be entirely independent of the SGML/XML notation for DTDs
- The ODD format and the current TEI DTD for tag documentation (TSD) should be combined into a single standard TEI tagset useable as a ‘pizza topping’.
- The new notation should be based on one of the XML schema languages.
- Additional processors should be created to make not only XML DTDs (and possibly SGML as well), but also at least one XML schema format.
- Where possible, data types should be converted to use the datatype library of the W3C.
- The Pizza Chef should be rewritten to allow user choice of DTD or schema output.
- The output should be a new version of the TEI Guidelines source and associated tools.
The META task force completed its work in February 2005.
Documents and Resources
- abbr.odd (example of tag documentation); div.odd (example of tag documentation); biblpart.odd (example of class documentation); phrseq.odd (example of entity documentation); p5odds.rnc (schema for Odds, Relax NG compact syntax); p5odds.rng (schema for Odds, Relax NG XML syntax). See the P5 trial page for full testable versions of schemas etc.
- TD draft (PDF): Current draft of chapter on ODDs for TEI Guidelines
- Report to Council, 20 September 2004 [MEW12]
- Report to Council, 30 March 2004 [MEW11]
- Minutes of meeting, 22-23 March 2004 [MEM03]
- Agenda for meeting, 22-23 March 2004 [MEW10]
- Report for Council meeting, 27 Jan 2004 [MEW09]
- Naming Conventions in the TEI scheme [MEW08]
- Interim Report on Status of P5, January 2004 [MEW07]
- Report for 2003 Members Meeting [MEW06]
- Minutes of a meeting to discuss P5 development, 16 Oct 2003 [MEW05]
- TEI elements and files they occur in [MEW04]
- TEI and Docbook model classes [MEW03]
- Minutes of a meeting to discuss P5 development, 9 Oct 2003 [MEW02]
- Report to TEI Council, May 2003 [MEW01]
- ODD definition of TEI Lite
- ODD definition of an extension testing some features
- Paper delivered to XML Europe 2004 about TEI/Docbook integration
- List of attribute values (to identify CDATA attributes)
- P4 to P5 instance converter (XSLT script)
Task Force Members
- Alejandro Bia
- David Durand
- Sebastian Rahtz (Chair)
- Laurent Romary
- Michael Sperberg-McQueen
- Norman Walsh
- Christian Wittern
- Syd Bauman (ex officio)
- Lou Burnard (ex officio)
Last recorded change to this page: 2007-09-16 • For corrections or updates, contact firstname.lastname@example.org