This release contains the following substantive changes
- The chapter on Certainty and Responsibility has been revised extensively, introducing a new element (<precision>) for markup of numerical precision, and an entirely new mechanism for defining the scope of uncertainty, based on XSLT match expressions.
- A new element <pc> (punctuation character) has been added to the Analysis and Interpretation module, permitting the explicit markup of punctuation. The discussion of punctuation markup in the Core elements chapter was substantially revised (2372570).
- New elements <constraintSpec> and <constraint> were introduced to the Tag Documentation module as a means of formally documenting constraints on an element's content or usage additional to those of its content model (1933198).
- A new generic <dim> element and associated class were added to support all kinds of measurements; content model of <dimensions> was relaxed to allow any mixture of dimensional specifications, but constrained to forbid repetitions (2594174).
Over this period, a number of pervasive editorial changes were made:
- All examples have been given an explicit language code, wherever possible, and some missing bibliographic references were added.
- Some further changes were made to extend support for Korean and Japanese.
- The G8 (AFNOR) group updated a very large number of French translations to the reference documentation.
Other significant changes made are listed briefly below in date order. Where further discussion of the change is available in the SF bug tracker, the ticket number is indicated in parentheses.
- 2009-06-17: Allow <place> and <listPlace> as children of <settingDesc>, for consistency with <particDesc> (2779741)
- 2009-06-09: Add <origPlace> to att.naming for consistency (2510548)
- 2009-06-05: Corrected error which caused
rwa (the code for "recommended when applicable") to be mistakenly rendered as "required when applicable" in formatting of the Guidelines (2740718)
- 2009-06-04: Replace the requirement that at least <location> appear within a <msIdentifier> by a more forgiving set of schematron constraints (2672530)
- 2009-06-04: Add a missing example to the Verse chapter (2800854)
- 2009-06-02: Create a free standing feature structure exemplar
- 2009-06-01: Change data.numeric to permit fractions as a legal value (2673045)
- 2009-05-29: Add new @scope attribute to <rendition> to support use of CSS pseudo-elements (2525586)
- 2009-05-23: Add clarificatory text and revised discussion at various points, per SF comments (2763441, 2740718, 2788297, 2777567 2712046, 2517629, 2744482)
- 2009-05-12: Change content model for <am> to permit pPart.edit elements (2209933)
- 2009-05-12: Define new class for quotation-like elements appearing in <msDescription> (1962972)
- 2009-05-04: Review and make some minor changes required by Council in the "TEI Tite" ODD exemplar.
- 2009-04-05: Permit elements from the model.hiLike class within <origDate> (2542813)
Finally, as requested (2728369), the HTML version of the Guidelines has been enhanced so that each element is linked to a list of all the usage examples given for it throughout the Guidelines.