This release contains only a few new features and significant changes:
- A new element called <surplus> has been added to the Transcription module, originally proposed by SF ticket 2242434
- Content models of <char> and <glyph> were changed to require <figure> rather than any model./graphicLike element (2812295)
- An attribute role is now provided by the att.naming class making it possible to distinguish the functions of the people assopciated with particular name in a source without the trouble of defining <person> elements for them (1954920)
- Following changes made to permit better documentation of constraints within an ODD, the element <valList> was changed from being a possible child of <content> to being a sibling of it.
Various minor clarifications and corrections were made to the wording of the Guidelines in response to Sourceforge tickets (e.g. 2881723, 2883950, 2813423 2877747, 2761884, 2863337, 2750513, 2820540, 2820541)
The work of the AFNOR group providing and correcting French translations and examples continued, with a large number of changes made in July, September, and November.
Other minor changes are listed below in reverse date order:
- 2009-11-08: Element classes model.headerPart and model.encodingPart were renamed as model.teiHeaderPart and model.encodingDescPart respectively, for consistency. (2874789)
- 2009-11-08: Element <change> was added to the att.datable class, and its locally defined when attribute removed ()
- 2009-11-06: Element <relatedItem> was given an target attribute per ?
- 2009-11-06: Expanded discussion of footnotes in CO to include use of <ref> to show point of attachment (2796148)
- 2009-11-06: Change content model of editorialDecl to permit intertwingling of paragraphs with more specialised elements, for consistency with other *Decl elements (2878062)
- 2009-11-02: Introduce new att.responsibility class and factor out inconsistent declarations of resp attributes (2818046)
- 2009-11-02: Allow initial general <remarks> element within <decoDesc> and <layoutDesc> (2866412)
- 2009-10-26: Resolve content model validation issues caused by definition of macro.anyXML
- 2009-10-01: Allow <surface> and <zone> to inherit start attribute from att.coordinated (2861324)
- 2009-10-01: Allow multiple <catDesc> children in definition of a single <category> (2843046)
- 2009-10-01: Move <salute> element to model.divWrapper class so that it can appear at either end of a <div> (2793874)
- 2009-08-01: Make origin optional on <timeline> (2820149)