This version of the TEI Guidelines introduces new features and resolves a number of issues raised by the TEI community. As always, the majority of these changes and corrections are a consequence of feature requests or bugs reported by the TEI community using the SourceForge tracking system. If you find something you think needs to change in the TEI Guidelines, schemas, tools, or website, please submit a feature request or bug ticket at http://tei.sf.net/ for consideration. Lists of closed bugs and closed feature requests are available on the site.
Some of the more noticeable changes in this release include:
- New elements and recommendations for the description of correspondence using <correspDesc> have been added to the Guidelines.
- A new example ODD for the Journal of the TEI has been added.
- Hosting for the Oxygen-TEI plugin has moved to https://github.com/TEIC/oxygen-tei.
- The deprecated type attribute on <biblScope> has been removed. See http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/388/.
- resp and cert have been made globally available, per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/443/. The Guidelines now recommend that resp point to a <respStmt>.
- The type attribute on <teiHeader> was deprecated. See http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/489/.
- A partial attribute, with possible values “true” or “false” was added to <tagsDecl>. See http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/516/.
- An att.global.rendition class, containing rend, style, and rendition was added, per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/522/.
- The notation attribute was added to <pVar>, per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/523/.
- The type and subtype attributes are now permitted on <space>, per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/feature-requests/534/.
- The content model of the <signatures> element has been changed to macro.specialPara, per discussion on http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/616/.
- Model.global has been added to the content model of the <org> element per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/675/.
- The datatype of the attribute type supplied by the class att.typed has been changed to data.word as per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/681/.
- The content model of <editorialDecl> in TEILite has been fixed per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/688/.
- A Schematron rule that enforces the presence of <label> in <list> where type = "gloss" was added, per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/694/.
- The remarks for <back> and <front> have been expanded, per https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/702/.
- The content model for <constraint> has been fixed, per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/704/.
- A subsection suggesting strategies to encode textual structures across verses was added to the Verse chapter of the Guidelines, per http://sourceforge.net/p/tei/bugs/705/.
- And, of course, dozens of typos were corrected.
In addition, improvements have been made to the XSL stylesheets (which provide processing of TEI ODD files for Roma and OxGarage as well as other TEI conversions). The Stylesheets are maintained separately from the Guidelines and are at https://github.com/TEIC/Stylesheets.