TEI Physical Bibliography Work Group
This page lists drafts and other resources for the use of the TEI Physical Bibliography Workgroup.
- Page layout example
- A file showing an approach to representing the layout of pages in inner and outer formes.
- Complex (fictional) examples
- Two files, a simple version and an expanded version, both describing the same (fictional) printed book, which has numerous difficulties for the descriptive bibliographer, such as cancelled leaves, substituted leaves, additional unsigned gatherings, and so on.
- Incunable examples
- Collation formula for (A-135A) (Albertus Magnus sermones de eucharistiae 1477; no longer considered an incunable, in Catalogue of Books Printed in the Fifteenth Century Now in the Bodleian Library: ; no 735 in the Gesamtkatalog der Wiegendrucke: ; Collation formula for A-141 (Albert Magnus secreta mulierum 1503) in Catalogue of Books Printed in the Fifteenth Century Now in the Bodleian Library: ; no 768 in the Gesamtkatalog der Wiegendrucke
- Manuscript example
- Two further examples, a simple version and an expanded version, representing British Library MS Harley 372 part 1, on the basis of M.C. Seymour's collation formula in his Catalogue of Chaucer Manuscripts, Volume 1, pages 37 - 38: 1(20), 2-3(8), 4(12), 5-6(4), 7(14).
- Print example
- Two preliminary drafts, representing Aphra Behn's The Forc'd Marriage, or the Jealous Bridegroom: , edition of 1671, presented as part of one of the examples of the Bowers system in the appendix to his Principles of Bibliographical Description, p. 471. The first attempts to implement a system that allows easy output of a Bowers-like formula to the systems commonly used for recording collation of manuscripts and incunabula; the second is a somewhat expanded version that records book structure in a way that would permit efficient programming for actuating page images as book surrogates.
Other Documents and Resources
- Charge to the Workgroup [EDW82]
- Work Plan, last updated 08 May 2004 [PBA01]
- Report to the Council, 29 Nov 2004 [PBR01]
- Preliminary draft for Council submitted 14 July.
Last recorded change to this page: 2013-09-02 • For corrections or updates, contact firstname.lastname@example.org