TEI: Agenda for TEI Board Conference Call: 24 January 2006


Licensed under

Original text

16 September 2007 Converted to P5

Matt Zimmerman

  • JF and MZ: Report on meeting protocol document and developments for the 2006 meeting.
  • JMU to report on action item: Coordinate a discussion among institutions who have developed such a restricted TEI subset in library digitization, see if they perceive a benefit in harmonizing these, and to see if they’re interested in participating in a brokerage (two separate questions). Will work with Matt Gibson and Syd on this.
  • MZ P4 Guidelines in MLA document
  • CR New design of TEI site
  • Transition of Site from Oxford to Virginia: CR, SR, JMU : Transition of authoritative website from Oxford to Virginia. Some choices to be presented by the working group to the board, for discussion at the next board conference call.
  • Recruiting group: JF, VL, JL: Produce a recruiting strategy for the coming year, for discussion at the next Board conference call.
  • Fundraising group: MZ, DOD: Produce an interim fund-raising strategy for the coming year, for discussion at the next Board conference call.
  • DP to report on action items: Discuss with Bank of America how we might invest the balance forward, so that it earns interest.
  • Discussion of the role of the Secretary and Executive Director. – no discussion has taken place on this. Should the language of the bylaws change for the Secretary? We need to create language for the bylaws for the Executive Director.
  • Other business