Information about the source
- Elena Pierazzo (EP)
- Lou Burnard (LB)
- Arianna Ciula (AC)
- James Cummings (JC)
- Laura Mandell (LM)
- Martin Mueller (MM)
- David Sewell (DS)
- John Unsworth (JU)
- John Walsh (JW)
- Glen Worthey (GW)
Apologies: Sophie David (SD)
- Minutes and apologies
- communication with the members — results of the survey and discussion
- conference update
- treasurer update
- TEI-journal: support for copy editing and managing editor
- Getting started
- website update
- JW agrees to take minutes and release them quickly.
- Recommendation to select minutes-taker in advance of future meetings.
Discussion of Communication with Members
- Board Chair EP had sent a short 4-question survey about communication (topics, frequency of communication, management of communication efforts) to Board members. After briefly reviewing the survey results, discussion focused on producing a regular Newsletter from the TEI to members.
Brainstorming on Possible Topics for Newsletter and Who Might Be Responsible for Different Sections
- Making TEI friendly. (LM)
- How money is spent. (EP/JU)
- Council activities. (JC)
- Outreach activities (TEIJ, Members Meeting) (JW)
- Update on 2013 Conference and Members Meeting (AC)
- Members voice: JW suggested a regular section featuring a particular TEI member and how TEI is being used in their institution, project, etc. Decided to defer this section for a subsequent newsletter, in order to get a first newsletter out more quickly.
Action Item (LM, EP, JU, JC, JW, AC): Have drafts of sections in one week.
Report on upcoming Members Meeting
Treasurer’s Report (JU)
- Since meeting in Texas migration of treasurer activities from Sarah Wells/Virgina to JU/Brandeis has been completed.
- JU provided update on current membership, paid dues, outstanding invoices.
- JU reported more on the membership tool and many functionalities/services it offers. Encouraged Board to explore and use membership tool.
European membership efforts
- Arianna communicated with CLARIN, who will be joining at $250 level and is also interested in closer collaboration with TEI.
- Arianna also reports that the new Italian Associazione per l’Informatica Umanistica e la Cultura Digitale is receptive and may become a TEI member.
- Lou reports on DARIAH’s activities, important role of TEI, and discussions about DARIAH’s planned efforts to offer some TEI-related training.
- TEI-J has requested a second round of funding, at the same amount per issue
($1000), for copy editing. Board previously agreed to continue the copy-editing
funding at current levels, with expectation that Board will continue to receive annual
reports on the Journal.
Action item (EP & JU): Elena will communicate to TEI-J decision to continue copy editing funding, and EP will work with JU to get the funds to TEI-J.
- Martin Holmes enthusiastically approved as new Technical Editor for TEI-J.
Discussed Possibility of Resuming Work on
Getting Started With TEIDocument Something was lost in the minuting of this item
Web site migration (DS)
- DS is working on implementing the deprecation of TEI P4 in the web site.
- DS and Kevin Hawkins (from Council) intend to produce a migration plan, but need to know the target environment/platform to do adequate planning.
- JU reminds us about the possibility of bartering financial services for hosting/sys admin services from ADHO. The ADHO option would provide a standard, hosted Linux environment, with lots of flexibility.