TEI: TEI-C-Board Meeting 2018-06-14


Agenda

  • Meeting Procedures and Other Announcements
  • Updates
    • Elections–Martina and Georg
    • Conference Update–Kiyonori
    • Rahtz Prize (if discussion is needed)–Martina
    • DHSI Sponsorship Redux
  • Old Business that will have to be handled over email
    • Membership Drive–Ready to launch?
    • Members’ Meeting Minutes posted?
      • Needs review by current members of the Board who attended the 2017 meeting
  • TEI-c Code of Conduct posted?
  • Final approval of Code of Conduct: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dVRdO0xXfxorLNAhy9rw8-qA93sjKhNw0JNFLSJ0iuU/edit?usp=sharing

Attendees

Present

Kathryn Tomasek (KT), Kiyonori Nagasaki (KN), Georg Vogeler (GV), Luis Meneses (LM), Martina Scholger (MS)

 

Regrets

Michelle Dalmau (MD), Hugh Cayless (HC)

 

Action Items

MD to approve May minutes

HC and KT to sign MoU with Le Mans

HC to hand over member lists to LM for voting

LM to set up OpaVote test

KT to draft answer to re-request for TEI-support of DSHI 2018

KT to start documentation on TEI support in TEI-wiki

KT, MD and HC to decide on general board-mail

MD to publish Code of Conduct

MD to publish Member’s Meeting Minutes 2017

LR, HC to report on membership drive

GV to follow up TEI-C travel reimbursement policy for Board members

 

Minutes

Meeting Procedures and Other Announcements

Approve minutes of May meetings

Agreed by KN and KT, need third vote via mail (GV)

jTEI

MoU from Le Mans for employment of assistant to support editor of jTEI: HC and KT will sign and return to Le Mans, 30 days for transfer for 20.000 $

 

Elections

4 nominations never answered in spite of reminder, others answered after reminding (mixing up May 30th and 31st :-))

Slate is published: http://www.tei-c.org/Vault/MembersMeetings/2018-info/mm79.html

OpaVote could be set up: LM contact HC to pass list of members, make test and set up final version.

Conference Update

detailed program will be decided during DH2018 in Mexico City

63 paper/posters, 7 workshops

Response from Asia? at least 20 presenters

Open Council Meeting on Monday works out.

Joint board and council Dinner on Thursday evening. KN will organise the location.

Rahtz Prize

7 nominations, one excluded by formal reasons; currently 2 applications, waiting for another 4, reminded twice, deadline is June 15th.

DHSI Sponsorship Redux

Re-request from Elisa for TEI support of DHSI

personal talk KT with Ray Siemens this Tuesday: Support sponsor of DSHI is 2500,- CD; no need of dedicated TEI teaching, as this is part of DSHI anyway.

Ask for new request for DSHI 2019 incl. a clear budget and planned use of this money.

  • KN, GV, MS, LM support this strategy
  • KT to draft answer

General policy:

  • KT to start documentation on the subject in TEI-wiki

 

General Board-Mail

KT will write the mail next week, in coordination with MD and HC

Code of Conduct / Members Meetings Minutes 2017

We all approve the Code of Conduct

MD to publish both

 

Membership drive

LR, HC to report

infrastructure is ready; move to Stripe missing

Old Business:

GV to follow up re: the TEI-C travel reimbursement policy for Board members

KT will add to in-person meeting agenda the pros/cons of a single membership renewal date

AOB

nothing