The goal of the TEI Special Interest Group on Libraries is to discuss topics regarding the use of TEI in library, including the creation of guidelines to best practice that encourage the consistent and predictable encoding of TEI documents. Greater consistency and predictability will facilitate the interchange of documents, interoperability of systems, and the creation of standard tools for libraries to use in the creation and publication of TEI documents.
- Updating and improving the current Best Practices for TEI in Libraries, available at http://purl.oclc.org/NET/teiinlibraries.
- Creation of standard XSL style sheets for use.
- Exploring the use of other metadata standards commonly in use in libraries, such as METS, MODS, EAD, MARC, in conjunction with TEI documents
- Guides to implementing TEI collections that follow the best practices guidelines, using open source digital library software such as Greenstone.
- Other items as they occur to us.
The SIG also maintains a number of wiki pages.